WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER!
PAVE is dedicated to keeping our community of students, educators and industry professionals connected, updated and informed as we navigate these unprecedented times together. We will continue to update this guide with valuable industry information and resources as they become available.
From all of us at PAVE- We hope that you stay safe, stay informed and stay connected!
If you have any questions, concerns, resources to share or would like to get involved, please contact us at email@example.com.
Click below to jump ahead to desired section of the PAVE Connects From Home page.
The health and well-being of the PAVE community is important to us, we ask that you stay current on the information provided by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the WHO (World Health Organization).
Academy of Active Learning Arts and Sciences - Rapid Transition to Online Learning
A free emergency roadmap for making a rapid transition to remote learning during forced school closures.
Google for Education & Google Classrooms
Free tools to enhance the online learning experience including virtual interactive classrooms, training videos, tips from fellow educators and optional online teaching certifications.
Adobe’s Distance Learning Resources & Education Exchange
Free tools & courses to help educators creatively engage students remotely through online learning.
For Canadian Students - Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB), proposed by Prime Minister Trudeau, provides support to students and new graduates who may not be eligible for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, Employment Insurance or unable to work due to COVID-19. This benefit would provide $1,250 per month for eligible students. This benefit would be available from May to August 2020. Learn more here.
Since 1992 it has been our mission to connect students, educators and professionals who support the retail industry in a vibrant, meaningful and mentoring format. This vital connection encourages industry dialogue and the enrichment of curricula.
Working in partnership with our education and industry partners, we are developing programs to supplement current course content and help bring today’s virtual classrooms the same wonder, engagement and excitement felt by students in traditional classes and studios.
PAVE COFFEE CHATS
This casual and fun web series bridges the gap between the classroom and wonderful world of retail design!
Is there a topic you'd like to see covered on a Coffee Chat? Interested in getting involved? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd love to hear from you!
RESOURCES FROM INDUSTRY PARTNERS
Little Diversified Architectual Consulting has launched a Virtual Student Lecture Series in response to traditional summer intership programs have been put on hold across the country.
IIDA’s D(esign) Matters Resource Guide for Students, featuring IIDA’s Collective Design webinar series covering topics such as “Responding to Change” and “Healthcare Designers at the Forefront” and more.
VMSD’s Special Coverage of COVID-19 and the Effect on Retail
NRF has put together a comprehensive job board of retail jobs opportunities and is now offering the NRF Foundation's RISE Up training and certification materials for free.
Retail Dive’s COVID-19 Retail Response Tracker, a comprehensive tool for tracking North American retailers' response and employee impact during the global pandemic.
MusesOnDemand.com - Students join the creative community and share your work with the world and be sure to set your industry to "PAVE Students!"
TOOLS & SPECIAL OFFERS
SOFTWARE & APPS
Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Information on Creative Cloud access for students and educators during campus closures can be found here.
- Free 7-day trial and 60% discount on Creative Cloud for Education, are available here.
AutoDesk (Revit, Maya & AutoCAD)
- Supports distance learning with tools for students and educators including FREE software downloads of their entire suite of programs including Revit, Maya and AutoCAD.
- Free personal use of SketchUp Studio Web.
- Discounts available for “Shop” and “Pro” plans.
- Free 30-Day trial of the latest version of SU Podium.
- Temporary at-home student access for educational institutions with active classroom licenses can requested by the school's IT administrator or an educator.
V-Ray by ChaosGroup
- Offering temporary at-home licenses for educational institutions with active lab subscriptions. Licenses can be requested by the school's IT administrator or a V-Ray educator here.
- Offering students and educators a free individual copy of Vectorworks Designer software, which includes all the capabilities of Architect, Landmark, and Spotlight.
Blender, the 3D creation suite
- Free to download.
Twin Motion, the real-time immersive 3D architectural visualization tool
- Free to download for students and educators.
- Free Internet for students and low-income families.
- Free internet for 60 days for students, who do not currently have their service.